Most of the touch-screen devices such as tablets and work pads don’t come with a physical keyboard rather they have their in-built keyboard for catering all your typing requirements. On-screen keyboards have the primary keys placed in the same manner and position like a traditional physical keyboard has but it can be shifted to either side of the screen. Apple’s first tablet – iPad enjoys the status of being the first tablet in the market and it comes with some amazing features and tools to make your work experience better and productive. Many users might have felt annoyed and frustrated when their on-screen keyboard gets stuck in the middle of crucial working projects and force a user to wait unnecessarily.
To avoid all that frustration and annoyances, read this article below as it will provide you some of the useful tips to manage and control your iPad’s on-screen keyboard.
How to control your iPad’s On-Screen Keyboard?
Many a times you will find that your iPad’s virtual keyboard is stuck in the middle of the screen, instead of staying at its actual place, at the bottom. Even after making repeated efforts you end up pulling your hair while thinking a solution to fix it back to the bottom. Apple’s iPad provides docked and undocked modes to fix it’s on-screen keyboard and use it according to the user’s preferences and comfort level. You can choose the ‘Docked’ mode, if you want to place the keyboard at the bottom of the screen, while opting to set it up in the middle of screen, choose the ‘Undocked’ mode.
If you spot your keyboard in an ‘Undocked’ mode and want to set it in ‘Docked’ mode, then follow these steps:
1. Hold down the keyboard turn off button and wait for the pop-up menu to appear.
2. The pop-up menu will ask you to choose any one of the two available choices – Dock and Split.
3. To choose the ‘Dock’ option, simply move your finger around it and your keyboard will be placed back to the bottom.
You might be thinking about what actually the ‘Split’ option does? ‘Split’ mode actually separates the entire keyboard into two halves, by setting each of them to the corner of the iPad’s screen. This option is ideal for users, who wants to type with both sets of fingers, and if you feel uncomfortable, then just merge both of them by pinching the halves back together.
How to manage the appearance of the iPad’s on-screen keyboard with a wireless
Apple’s iPad comes with the capability to get paired up a wireless keyboard to enhance the productivity and overall working experience. Users will observe that they aren’t provided with the on-screen keyboard option, which use to appear before they have connected the wireless keyboard. You may find it difficult to tap on a text-entry field on a webpage, while entering a URL in Safari, or even while typing in Notes or Mail. If you’re finding such difficulties, then it’s quite possible that the wireless keyboard is still connected to the iPad. Follow the below mentioned steps to on-screen keyboard again:
1. Tap on the ‘Eject’ key on the wireless keyboard.
2. Check the ‘Status Bar’ to ensure that whether the iPad is paired up with your wireless keyboard or not?
3. You require to check that the ‘Bluetooth’ icon should not be bold, as it confirms that the iPad isn’t connected to a Bluetooth device.
In addition to this, you can also try one of the below mentioned things to resolve this issue:
• Try to locate and turn off the wireless keyboard.
• Try to turn off the Bluetooth by activating the Control Center and disabling the ‘Bluetooth’ icon or simply go to Settings > Bluetooth.
• You can also unpair the iPad from wireless keyboard by tapping Settings > Bluetooth > Forget this Device.
• If nothing helps, restart your device and it will automatically be unpaired.
The above mentioned steps will help you manage and control your Apple’s iPad virtual keyboard with ease and comfort. The company keeps on releasing the latest versions of this series thus, a user needs to be more alert while accessing such settings. These tips will come handy if you know the ins and outs of your Apple’s tablet. Make use of these tips and impress others with your iPad-savvy behavior!